CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

COME FULL CIRCLE

This is a digital scrapbook of our journey to complete our family in Vietnam.

Vietnam Flag

Ava's Ticker

Site Counter

9/16/2010

She's a live wire!

This morning I told myself that I have to sit down and take time to update my blog.  Ava's personality has bloomed over the summer and she's definitely coming into her own.  Ava has been in such a good mood this week, both in the morning and after daycare.   She says the darnest things and I wish I could only remember half of them.

Senario 1:  I wanted to put two piggy tails in Ava's hair today.  Sometimes I loop her hair under the rubber bands so that her hair is off her neck and face (like in the pic below).  She told me that she didn't want "balloons" in her hair.  I never made reference to balloons before and I asked her who called them balloons?  She replied, "Ava does."


Scenario 2:  Sebastian was packing his backpack for school and he asked his Dad where the lunchbox was.  Michael had given him lunch money to buy lunch in the cafeteria.   Sebastian put the money is his pocket and had already forgotten about it.  So Michael asked Sebastian (sarcastically), "what do you use that's on top of your head?"  Ava was drawing on the table and just when you think she's not paying attention, she answers, "BRAIN."

Scenario 3:  Ava has taken on her Daddy's sense of humor and funny sayings.  Every morning when I get her strapped into the carseat, she'll say, "Thank you.....Come Agaaain!"  Another of her favorite sayings is "Nice job Einstein!"  That was Daddy's phrase whenever somebody dropped something.  Now Ava calls everyone Einstein, LOL!

Scenario 4:  Ava has recently discovered the difference between sexes.  Even though she has taken hundred's of baths with her brother in the past, the question never came up.   It's been a couple months since they have taken a bath together.  Yesterday, Ava was inquisitive about her Daddy's "parts" and proceeded to point it out.  Since Sebastian was our first child, we never had to worry about this question (not quite like Ava's questioning).  Of course Daddy told her it wasn't nice to point and she concluded that Daddy just had an "accident" and it was perfectly acceptable.  Hey, accidents happen!

0 comments: