CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

COME FULL CIRCLE

This is a digital scrapbook of our journey to complete our family in Vietnam.

Vietnam Flag

Ava's Ticker

Site Counter

12/13/2007

Retrospect

A good friend of mine sent me an email yesterday and she commented about our adoption "influences". I never really thought about my parents being the big influence in my life but she's absolutely right! I have always known I wanted to adopt a child ever since I realized I was adopted. My brother and I had the luxury of living all over the world with our parents and we got to experience life like no average American child did in their lifetime. I remember as a child that I wanted so much to make a difference in someone's life. I wanted to "better" the world somehow. I guess the thought of adoption was a good solution. Now that we have Ava, I know we have made the difference in a little person's life. Like my parents, we wanted to take care and nuture a child from an impoverished country and give the child every opportunity life could offer. I can't imagine my life without Ava and Sebastian. So I guess my blog "Come full circle" was named appropriately.


You are right, these children have been blessed, and so are we, to have them! I was thinking, after the post court session, at the restaurant,
that your parents must be very proud of you naturally, but also to see
that they are in no small way responsible for the wonderful family that
you have. Sounds corny, but they paved the way indirectly, for you and
me in our journeys to international adoption. : )

0 comments: