CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

COME FULL CIRCLE

This is a digital scrapbook of our journey to complete our family in Vietnam.

Vietnam Flag

Ava's Ticker

Site Counter

1/06/2008

The secret is out!!

Okay, it's true, the excitement of your first child's first steps are so monumental that it completely overshadows the excitement of your second child's milestone. Ava has been taking two and three steps for the past three weeks (during the holidays). She started to take five and six steps the first week in the new year. I came to the realization that she started officially walking right around her 11th month. That's exactly when Sebastian started walking.

I am equally excited that our baby girl is taking her first steps to independence yet very sad that she is losing part of her "baby-ness". I remember feeling the same way about Sebastian when he first started walking. The infancy stage of a baby is just a blink of an eye. I wonder what my birth mother thought when I took my first steps? Was she even alive by the time I was walking? I don't have a timeframe of when she died. So she could have been deceased way before I was taken to the orphanage.

Anyway, I'm long overdue to post some video clips of Ava's first steps. So here's the drum roll!

Ava Practicing her walk.


Ava Cruising!

0 comments: