CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

COME FULL CIRCLE

This is a digital scrapbook of our journey to complete our family in Vietnam.

Vietnam Flag

Ava's Ticker

Site Counter

1/20/2008

Trip down memory lane

I've been wanting to take a drive to Philly to try out one of the Pho shops. Remember I had Pho for breakfast everyday in Vietnam? Well I've been missing the Pho ever since we got back. So I finally dragged the family out on one of the coldest days this year. Which was perfect because it felt like a "soup day".

Trust me, if we didn't have to drive 40 miles out of our way, I'd have this meal at least once a week!










You know you are in an authenic Vietnamese restaurant when you see all the chopsticks and condiments already set on the table. Of course when we were in Vietnam and saw a Pho shop on every block and the flies hovering over the tables, it didn't look as appetizing. Another major difference between a Pho shop in Philly and a Pho shop in Vietnam is the meal price. You can buy a bowl of Pho in Vietnam for less than $2. In Philly, it was $6. But it was still worth it!









Sebastian is not a person who likes to experiment with food he is not familiar with. So it took a lot of coaxing for him to taste anything. This picture cracks me up. I see Ava's face in the background and she looks like she's saying "hey, where's my bite?" as the spoon is passing her.









Ava was only six months old when we ate our first Pho in Vietnam. Today she got her first taste of Pho and as usual, she really tore into it. Now I just have to teach her how to hold her chopsticks ;-)

0 comments: