CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

COME FULL CIRCLE

This is a digital scrapbook of our journey to complete our family in Vietnam.

Vietnam Flag

Ava's Ticker

Site Counter

11/15/2008

FUTURE DOCTOR OR ROMEO?

I love the minds of a seven year olds. Last week I went to Sebastian's school for a special "Visitor's Day". The parents got to spend an hour in their children's class. We also sat in their computer class for part of that hour. Mrs. Smith was teaching the kids how to type a letter in Microsoft Word. She started out by pointing all the basic functions in MS Word (like fonts, colors, special character keys, etc.) Mrs. Smith asked if everyone knew what or where the "colon" character was. Sebastian raised his hand and asked "is it the colon that is inside your body?" I didn't know he even knew that! His Dad must have told him in a past conversation ;-)

It's so true when we say "their brains are like sponges." Every morning Sebastian comes into the bathroom to get his face washed and hair brushed. Sometimes I'll be doing my hair and he'll say to me "boy Mom, you look really nice today." In which I reply, "why thank you son." Well this morning at the breakfast table, Sebastian was in one of his "what if's" mood. This is what he said to me as I was kissing him goodbye, "Mommy, what if I came down the stairs and said you are hot?" :-o I know where he gets the sayings from....not from the kids on the school bus but from a 37 yr old who lives in the same house! I just laughed it off and just said "Oh Sebastian." How else was I suppose to respond?

Like I said....his brain is a sponge ;-) That's why we tell him too much t.v. will turn his brain into mashed potatos. We love him just the way he is...sponge and all!






0 comments: