CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

COME FULL CIRCLE

This is a digital scrapbook of our journey to complete our family in Vietnam.

Vietnam Flag

Ava's Ticker

Site Counter

11/15/2008

In Limbo

Hello blog world. Well, I did a doozy last night. I went into my son's room to pack his overnight bag because he was spending the night with his Mom Mom. I knew there were toys on the floor but when I turned around, I tripped on one of the plastic toy guns. I didn't just trip over it, I landed right ON it. As you will see from the picture below, this was no teensy weensy toy gun. It was a major obstacle course in his room.

Sooooo... after I tripped, I just picked myself off the floor and went about my business. By the time I came back from my parent's house, my knee felt a little stiff. I even felt a little stiff this morning and when I knelt on the floor to change Ava, I felt a little pull and twinge of discomfort. I went downstairs and cooked breakfast. But in the course of 45 minutes, my knee swelled up to a size of a baseball and the throbbing began. By the time breakfast was over, I couldn't bend my knee. We were worried I tore a ligament, fractured my knee or chipped my knee cap. So we went to the hospital to get an xray just to make sure. Luckily it was just a really bad bruise and banged up knee. It should only take a few days for the swelling to go down.

Poor Sebastian, he heard me tell my Mom last night that I tripped over his toy. When he heard this morning that I had to go to the hospital, he literally felt guilty and took the blame for my swollen knee. He's such an emotional little guy.


The obstacle













The pain...the agony





















Ouch...that's gotta hurt!













I asked Ava to kiss Mommy's boo boo













The leg "immobilizer" (the nurse wanted me to use crutches but I didn't feel the need for them)













A healthy sign...turning purple. The nurse said it will turn purple, then green, then yellow....lovely, I feel like a chameleon.

0 comments: