CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

COME FULL CIRCLE

This is a digital scrapbook of our journey to complete our family in Vietnam.

Vietnam Flag

Ava's Ticker

Site Counter

6/14/2007

Airline tickets have been purchased



We just purchased our airline tickets today! A week ago, I didn't even think we would have made any travel plans this week.


I had previously inquired with our facilators back in January if there would be any possibility of me visiting the orphanage where I came from. When I spoke with our facilitator last night, she remembered me and had told me that it would be no problem to get a car and driver. However....she warned me that it would be a six hour drive each way from Ho Chi Minh City to Can Tho. The reason why it's a six hour drive is because most of the roads aren't "roads" and mostly dirt roads.


I told her that I really don't want to pass up the chance to visit the orphanage because I don't know when the next time we will be back to Vietnam. I'm hoping we return in seven years. But it really does depend on how our daughter is. If she gets sick or the exhaustion is just too much, I will not go. I refuse to put my daughter through the twelve hour drive in one day. I do have the option of someone babysitting. But I don't want to be away from her so shortly after we get her. It's a tough decision.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hi Monique & Michael,
Wow, things are progressing ! tAKE PHOTOS IN the tokyo airport, bet its cool looking. Hong Kong airpt was primo!

13 hrs 11 mins in coach, and all you get is 'lunch lunch'?? oi vei.
let's chat soon, bring one of those squishy neck roll pillow thingys. I have one you may take !

Ambien (get some)! I brought some, didnt use it, actually fell asleep on my own (I dont sleep well on flights).

June : )

Karrie said...

I just wanted to let you know that we went to Can Tho in December and the roads ar paved. With a good driver your looking at 5 hours max. Consider an overnight at the Golf Can Tho and a trip on the Mekong Delta to see the floating market if you have time. It is so worth it and you will get to see Can Tho which we just loved.
Safe travels