CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

COME FULL CIRCLE

This is a digital scrapbook of our journey to complete our family in Vietnam.

Vietnam Flag

Ava's Ticker

Site Counter

6/12/2007

Travel Date!!


Today was just a normal day, I had to get up early to drop my son off to summer camp. The kids had a field trip to the zoo and it was just another work day for me. Then we received the much anticipated email mid afternoon. Our agency director had sent us an email to our home email address. Since I was at work, I didn't see the email of course. Then our social worker sent me an email at work asking if I had seen the director's email and even copied the text from the original email.

It took me a few seconds to register it in my head and then I just screamed over the wall to my coworker and then finally decided I'd better get on the phone to my husband who was working at home. He hadn't seen the email either and quickly checked it. We were both so excited! We are traveling to Vietnam July 6th or 7th! Our signing date is scheduled for July 9th. We have so much to plan that it just gets overwhelming if we think about it long enough. Our dreams are finally coming true and I just can't wait to enjoy the rest of our lives.

I did find out that I get to travel with another family that I have been corresponding with for the past few months. The other family has been waiting for four long months just like us. We were told that there were eight families traveling in July. They split it up so four families travel July 6th and the other half travel July 23rd. Thank goodness we were part of the first group. I think I would have gone mad if we had to wait until the 23rd. I can't believe that we will finally be a family of four in a few weeks!

I feel bad that our son couldn't really share the excitement about our trip. We told him over dinner tonight and he was more interested in the activities coming up in the next few days. He has another field trip at the end of the week and then we are going to take him to the amusement park on Friday night for a pre birthday celebration. His birthday party is this Saturday so as you can see, he has a lot of things to be excited about. Can you really blame him??

1 comments:

sue and gary said...

Monique,
What a beautiful story you have and a beautiful family! I can't wait to see the pictures from your trip!

Sue