CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

COME FULL CIRCLE

This is a digital scrapbook of our journey to complete our family in Vietnam.

Vietnam Flag

Ava's Ticker

Site Counter

10/04/2008

Terrible "2's" or Growing Pains?

Today was not a good day for Ava. I have witnessed periodic meltdowns from Ava but they were usually brief explosions and then they were done with. After the first meltdown at Sebastian's soccer game I just thought Ava "woke up on the wrong side of the crib." She had a fit because Mommy wouldn't get out of the chair while watching the soccer game. Ava yanked and pulled Mommy but Mommy wouldn't budge. Well that's when the meltdown started.

Okay, so I thought, this is her meltdown for the day. Let's just get on with the day. After the soccer game, I had to stop at the dry cleaners on the way home. After we picked up the clothes, Ava decided she wasn't ready to get back into her car seat. I could tell she was way overdue for her nap and was trying to get her home for one! Well she kicked, screamed and tried to squirm out of her car seat while I was trying to buckle her in. We practically has a wrestling match because I had to pin her down in the seat just to get the straps over her shoulders. She kicked and screamed all the way home and when I tried to get her out of the car seat, she didn't want to come out! So I dragged her out, got into the hallway where she decided to arch her back and kick me on her way down to the ground. I had to put her down before I ended up dropping her. I had to remove her jacket and pants because they were covered with grass stains and mud (from rolling on the ground during the first meltdown). Oh and the diaper change and putting her down for a nap only increased the shriek volume by 10 decibals. I think my ears are still ringing 10 hours later.

I thought for sure after her nap, she'd wake up fresh as a daisy. I was so wrong. Let me re-state that, she was fine as long as she got what she wanted. By the time we got back from dinner at Grandmom's, she decided to throw me one last curve ball and have her THIRD meltdown during bath time! She didn't want to lay down so I could soap up and she was kicking, screaming and thrashing so much I had to pluck her out of the tub before she went face down in the water. Well all heck broke loose and she had a cry fest for ten minutes. Now I know ten minutes doesn't sound like a long time, but believe me, when there's choking and gagging sounds accompanying the tears, it feels like an eternity.

Now I know what Mom's mean when they say "Just wait 'til you have kids of your own" or "this is payback for when you did......." Trust me, I know I wasn't an angel. So does that mean I'm doomed? I don't remember Sebastian pulling stunts like these when he was this age. He would have his occassional meltdowns but that was usually when he was being punished for something. Michael swears it's because Ava is a girl and we just came to the realization that toddler boys and toddler girls act soooo differently!! I'm just praying that tomorrow will be a better day....for all of us. Here's a picture of Ava and Mommy (note the frumpy faces?) Okay, one of us is smiling.

0 comments: