CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

COME FULL CIRCLE

This is a digital scrapbook of our journey to complete our family in Vietnam.

Vietnam Flag

Ava's Ticker

Site Counter

5/08/2009

Landscape facelift and blunder

Last weekend my brother and nephew came over to help with our landscaping. He knocked down one of the trees in the front and got rid of the ugly green shrubs off to the side of the porch. This weekend a new layer of mulch will be laid down and plant some flowers.

Of course there were some innocent victims after the tree came down. We didn't know there were two bird nests in the tree and the babies got knocked out of their nests. Miraculously, most of the babies survived the fall. I think my nephew told me one did get crushed by the tree branches and I thought I had accidently stepped on one when we were searching for the rest.

We only found one bird nest and started picking up the baby birds from the grass. After we piled the babies in their nest, we noticed that one of the birds was a different shape and color. It finally donned on us that there were two different birds! One was a Robin and the other a Dove. Since we couldn't find the other nest, we had to make a "makeshift nest from one of my old hanging flower baskets. We transferred the nests to another tree and hoped the Mommies would return to their babies. I got my first tick of the season from the landscaping fiasco. So hopefully I should be set for the Summer!








0 comments: