CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

COME FULL CIRCLE

This is a digital scrapbook of our journey to complete our family in Vietnam.

Vietnam Flag

Ava's Ticker

Site Counter

3/17/2010

Moving, moving, moving


Michael's last day of work was last Friday and my last day of work is this Friday.  I took Tuesday and Wednesday off so I could start organizing and take inventory of the things we need to take with us to the temporary apartment next week. 

It was such a beautiful day outside.  I think the temperature was 59 degrees.  So I pulled out the conference table and set out all my houseplants.  I can't take my plants with me so I taped a sign on the table "Free Plants".   All went except two.  When I picked up Sebastian after school, one of the daycare teachers told me that she stopped in front of my house and picked one of my plants.  I thought it was too funny.
We received the "survival" packing kit from Allied on Tuesday.  The kit contained about 15 flat cardboard boxes, bubble wrap, packing tape and even a black marker to mark the boxes.  The boxes will be used to pack up all the "essentials" we'll need at the apartments.  The moving company will pack up the rest of the house when the house is actually sold and moved to a storage place.  
I had to take a picture of the truck on the box because of the text underneath the truck (see last picture).
"Truck not included?"  I thought the box was awfully small for a big rig!!

0 comments: