CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

COME FULL CIRCLE

This is a digital scrapbook of our journey to complete our family in Vietnam.

Vietnam Flag

Ava's Ticker

Site Counter

4/07/2010

Good things must come to an end

Ava started her new daycare three days ago (on Monday).  She did rather well on her first day.  She only had one minor potty accident.  She didn't have time to whine because she got distracted with the sandbox.  

The second day Ava was a little clingy but Ms. Nesdeen was able to pull Ava off of me after she protested a little.  Today, the third day?  HO BOY....I think she's catching on that drop offs mean she has to spend a full day at the daycare.  It took me 10 minutes to peel/pry Ava off.  Her hands were so hot on my back that both of us started to sweat.  
Sorry for showing my untanned skin but this is what Ava looked like when I stood up to leave.  I had my hands to the side and she clung to me like a jungle gym.
Sebastian had a better drop off at his new elementary school this morning.  He was a little worried he would forget where his classroom was.  He hadn't seen the classroom in 11 days due to Easter/Spring break.  

This is what our morning routine will be like the next 2 - 3 weeks until we move into the other apartment.  The second apartment will be closer to both schools and the school bus will pick up/drop off Sebastian.

This is what they call the "kiss and ride" or "kiss and drop off".  If you don't get into the driveway by 8:25 a.m., the drop off line is long.
The nervous smile.
It's off to the races.
And off he goes!!

0 comments: