CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

COME FULL CIRCLE

This is a digital scrapbook of our journey to complete our family in Vietnam.

Vietnam Flag

Ava's Ticker

Site Counter

4/13/2010

Mini Reunion

After 25 years, I finally got a chance to meet up with one of my high school teachers.  Through a mutual family friend, who happen to teach at the same school, we all met in MD this past weekend.  This is my math teacher from 9th and 10th grade, Mr. Callaway.  I have to say, it felt very weird to call him by his first name.  It's like calling your parents by their first name.   I felt like I was 15 years old again.  ;-)


Ava outnumbered by twins.

Some things never change!
The Callaway's were able to revisit Jordan last December.  They showed us a mini slideshow of their trip and I was able to capture some of the pictures on my digital camera.  Sebastian didn't believe me when I told him that his Mom was there maaany years ago.  

PETRA
I can't believe we took one of our treks (camp outs) to Petra in high school.  
JERASH
This was the city that was given to Cleopatra from Napolean (I think?)  We made several weekend visits to Jerash during our four year stay in Jordan.
The new school sign outside of ACS.   I actually felt "homesick" when I saw the slide show.
The infamous art piece hanging over fireplace mantle.  The first time Sebastian saw the painting, he came over to me and whispered in my ear, "Mommy, that picture is very inappropriate."
This past weekend was the second time Sebastian saw the same picture.  He made a point to someone in the room not to look at the woman on the lower left side.  Poor Sebastian...we found humor in his little embarrassment   ;-)

1 comments:

Julie and Dean said...

great post and I actually laughed out loud at Sebastian's "inappropriate picture" comment :)