CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

COME FULL CIRCLE

This is a digital scrapbook of our journey to complete our family in Vietnam.

Vietnam Flag

Ava's Ticker

Site Counter

5/16/2007

Extended Family



Some more pictures of Can Tho Orphanage. I would have to guess the year 1970-1971. The guy on the right, holding the little girl is not me! But it reminds me of a funny story. When I was living at the orphanage, my Dad would get permission to take me home on the weekends because he lived so close to the orphanage. I would stay with my Dad in his tiny apartment on the base. He said I had "47" uncles who would dote on me. Since civilians (including women and children) were not allowed in Vietnam, all the men would starve for a little girl's attention. I have tons of pictures of me on some guys lap (by the fountain, swimming pool, patio, etc). No wonder I felt so loved!

1 comments:

S. said...

Wow, that is just wonderful you will be able to revisit your birth country! I would love to hear more about your story. Thank you for sharing!