CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

COME FULL CIRCLE

This is a digital scrapbook of our journey to complete our family in Vietnam.

Vietnam Flag

Ava's Ticker

Site Counter

5/05/2008

Hair Trial

I went ahead and bought some "ouchless" rubber bands and cute hair bows with cloth elastic ties this weekend. This morning I did a test trial on her hair to see if she could keep her new "do". Sebastian noticed right away when he came down the stairs. It tickled me to think that Sebastian does notice his sister :-) Anyway, when I went to pick up the kids at the daycare this afternoon, Ava was running around the playground with her hair flopping in the breeze and over her eyes. Oh well. Sebastian and I posed with Ava because she was such a wiggle worm this morning and I couldn't capture her to save my life.

Oh yeah, today was the first day I saw a tick this season and it was ON AVA! The teacher saw something behind her ear and pointed it out to me. I of course HATE and DETEST ticks! Out of all the insects....ticks are at the top of the list. I asked Ms. Crystal if she would be afraid to pluck the tick from Ava's ear. As it turns out, the teachers are not allowed to remove them. HUH?? What if the tick was on her all day long? Would they just wait until the parent pick up the child and meanwhile, the tick imbeds itself and inflates like a balloon!! Oh yeah, I got over my fear instantly and plucked the blood sucker off her ear....ugh!
Needless to say, I had Michael check Sebastian's head when we got home. He was clean.


1 comments:

Melissa said...

Isn't that tick thing just the weirdest daycare rule? I remember working at a daycare and finding a tick on a child and they stopped me before I pulled it out. I couldn't believe it. So silly!