CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

COME FULL CIRCLE

This is a digital scrapbook of our journey to complete our family in Vietnam.

Vietnam Flag

Ava's Ticker

Site Counter

7/16/2008

Another Tooth Fairy story

Well, we were finally visited by the Tooth Fairy last week. Sebastian finally lost his first two baby teeth but in the unconventional way. The two bottom front teeth were hanging on for the past month so we took Sebastian to the family dentist to have them "coerced" out. This was based on the dentist's recommendation because if the baby teeth weren't removed soon, they would calcify and would it be harder to remove later as the adult teeth were growing in. We knew about the dentist visit but kept that information from Sebastian over the weekend because he would have just obsessed about it all weekend. He doesn't handle the thought of pain very well.

So, like the wimp I am, I made Michael go with Sebastian to the dentist because he wouldn't give his Daddy such a hard time. Sebastian did remarkably well in the office and he was in and out in less than 10 minutes. He came home with a big grin on his face and showed off his new trophy....a plastic tooth necklace. It was a plastic container in the shape of a tooth dangling off a dental floss string. Inside the plastic tooth was Sebastian's two baby teeth neatly tucked inside and the container rattled when you shook it. It was so cute!

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry because at that moment, I felt like I had lost my "baby" who wanted to be so much a BIG man. Sebastian wanted to show off his prize to Mom Mom, Pop Pop and his friend, Elizabeth, who lives on our street. I just wanted to hug him and hold on to him and tell him not to grow up so fast! But I let him go and run down the street ;-)

That night, Sebastian was so excited about putting his plastic tooth under his pillow. Again, my heart just melted because he's still such a little boy. Of course I'm new to this Tooth Fairy thing and I was sweating when I had to feel under his pillow for that darn plastic tooth! I thought for sure he'd bust the Tooth Fairy! The next morning, he came running into our room to show us what the Tooth Fairy left him. He even said it was in an envelope ;-P




0 comments: