CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

COME FULL CIRCLE

This is a digital scrapbook of our journey to complete our family in Vietnam.

Vietnam Flag

Ava's Ticker

Site Counter

7/03/2008

A childhood memory crushed

Tonight we wanted to go out and get an ice cream cone after dinner. We missed the ice cream truck the past few days and thought it would be nice to take a drive down to one of my favorite ice cream places for a change. We haven't been to the ice cream place since last summer. Well, this is what we saw when we pulled up. I couldn't believe my eyes. Like a bad dream...poof...then it was gone!

That ice cream parlor had been there for as long as I can remember (before I was born). I remember visiting when I was a child and I was glad to share the same memories with Michael and Sebastian for the past few years. But now I won't be able to carry on the tradition with Ava. It's going to take me the entire summer to realize my childhood memories have been plucked from me. My heart is crushed. :-(



0 comments: