CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

COME FULL CIRCLE

This is a digital scrapbook of our journey to complete our family in Vietnam.

Vietnam Flag

Ava's Ticker

Site Counter

7/29/2008

Under the Weather

We were home today because Ava contracted the "hand, foot, mouth" disease for the second time again. I got perturbed yesterday because I thought the daycare was calling me too much at work. Ava wasn't "acting" unusual at breakfast so I thought the daycare was jumping the gun when they said Ava was cranky at the daycare. The last time she was "cranky", I took her to the doctor and she ended up just teething. However, when I picked her up yesterday afternoon, sue enough, she was showing all the signs of the hand, foot, mouth disease. Sores in her mouth, spots on her body and excessive drooling (not to mention the trench mouth odor). Fortunately, she didn't have any fevers like the first time. I'm contributing to the fact that she's had it before so this time it wasn't as severe. Ava was still very uncomfortable and you could tell by her constant clinging and whining. I felt so bad for her because there's NOTHING you can give her to help ease the pain and discomfort. Antibiotics and children's tyelnol won't help. It's not easy keeping a toddler entertained all day and it was so hot and humid to be outside today. We got out in spurts throughout the day. Here is my sad little cupcake.











































I LOVE the tippy toe stance! forum smileys

0 comments: