CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

COME FULL CIRCLE

This is a digital scrapbook of our journey to complete our family in Vietnam.

Vietnam Flag

Ava's Ticker

Site Counter

2/14/2009

Cabin Fever

Last weekend I signed Ava and I up for what I call "Mommy and Me" classes. I've been wanting to do a weekend activity like we did for Sebastian when he was toddler. So every Saturday morning, while Daddy and Sebastian are at their piano lessons, Ava and I will be doing our own activity. I remembered we signed Sebastian up for swimming classes and tumbling classes. I think we signed him up too early for the tumbling class because all he wanted to do was run around the gym floor. Since Ava loves music so much, I thought Kindermusic would be the ideal activity for her.

When I took her to her first class, she freaked out because I think she thought I was "dropping" her off and leaving her there. She didn't leave my lap the entire 45 minutes. Kindermusic is designed to help in early developmental skills by having the toddlers sing, dance, play interactively with musical instruments and props (like scarves and pieces of clothe). Child rearing has come a long way since our generation. I noticed that half the class was "Daddy's" and the other half "Mommy's". I thought it was cute to see some of the Daddy's lay and crawl on the floor with their little tots.

This weekend I was home sick so I didn't get to take Ava to Kindermusic class. Michael was going to take Ava to her class for a "Daddy and me" session but we had an emergency home repair to tend to. Hopefully in the next 14 weeks, Ava will get use to the classes and start enjoying herself.





0 comments: