CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

COME FULL CIRCLE

This is a digital scrapbook of our journey to complete our family in Vietnam.

Vietnam Flag

Ava's Ticker

Site Counter

6/29/2009

Anniversary Serenade

Our bed and breakfast was right across the street from The Mad Batter, a bar and restaurant. Michael wanted to take me over there for dinner cocktails and to play at their Thursday night Open Mic Night. We've gone to Open Mic nights where we live and I didn't think anything of it. Open Mic night is when amateurs bring their musical instrument of choice (usually a guitar) and sing for the audience. It's kind of like Karaoke but without the pre-recorded music.

We listened to the MC play his song choices. I think it was "If Not for you" by Bob Dylan, "Believe in Me" by Dan Fogelberg and "Lying Eyes" by Eagles. I had only heard Olivia Newton John's version of "If not for you" and had always thought it was her song. Not so...Bob Dylan wrote and sang it first. You learn something new every day.

Michael had a little surprise for me on our first anniversary night together. He had been working on a song for our anniversary and had written, composed and sang the song for me at The Mad Batter. I thought Michael was going to sing his traditional Jimmy Buffet, Beatles or Bob Dylan tunes but he decided to sing "Our Lullabye" song instead. Let me just tell you, I think the two women sitting in the bar thought that was the sweetest thing. I have to agree with them. I love my husband more and more every year. He always seems to amaze me. I have been blessed in so many ways. So when my Mom asked me if I was embarrassed to be serenaded in public, my only response was "Not when it's from the most romantic guy I've ever known." ;-) The best part is, I'll always have this video to look back on and think of the most memorable weekend we had together.





WARNING (this song is "sappy" and I could not condense the five minute video):

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Great song! Michael is cool under pressure! I could not play and sing at same time, ever! Happy Anniversary to you both from all your friends at the Mad Batter!

hee hee!

Did you see any ghosts in the turret window next door?