CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

COME FULL CIRCLE

This is a digital scrapbook of our journey to complete our family in Vietnam.

Vietnam Flag

Ava's Ticker

Site Counter

6/11/2009

That's too "girlie"

Funny story....Sebastian had waited all weekend to play with Elizabeth.  They finally got some play time on Sunday afternoon.  Elizabeth came over with a balloon and filled it up with water.  She was in the mood to play "house".  She's a typical eight year old girl and getting to that age where she likes to mimic and "role play".  She put the filled balloon in the baby stroller and gave it a bath with the garden hose.  She kept referring the balloon as the "baby".  I asked her who the parents were.  She replied, "well me and Sebastian of course!"  Oh....silly me and silly question!

Ava wanted to be nosey and be part of the action.  She saw the balloon in the stroller and wanted to sit in the stroller and be pushed around.  So Sebastian and Elizabeth took Ava for a stroll down the sidewalk.  When they came back, Sebastian was a little "gruff".  I asked him why he had a sour look on his face.  He walked past me and said "I don't know where Elizabeth got this baby idea but I'm tired of this game!"  He proceeded to stomp inside the house.  I told him to come back out because he had been whining all weekend about not being able to play with Elizabeth.  He was upset because he thought Elizabeth was more interested in playing with Ava than with him.  (perfectly understandable).  I told him he'd better come out because it wasn't fair to treat Elizabeth that way.  He finally changed his mind and settled down and they were best friends again.  They went in the back yard to pick some honeysuckle flowers and taste the honeysuckle nector.






0 comments: