CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

COME FULL CIRCLE

This is a digital scrapbook of our journey to complete our family in Vietnam.

Vietnam Flag

Ava's Ticker

Site Counter

8/31/2009

Family history

My brother had a large ceramic elephant on his deck.  Every time I go over to his house, the elephant brings back childhood memories.   We originally had a pair of the elephants.  I don't know what happened to the other one.  But they have traveled all over the world with us for the past 40 plus years.  They originally came from Vietnam.  The belly is hollow and there is a hole on under side.  I remember our cats use to crawl into the elephants and we would try to coax them out with string and all you saw were the paws poking out of the elephant.  

Seeing Ava on top reminded me of myself when I was her size.  I use to sit on top and pretend they were my "pet" elephants and they would take me on an adventure.  I wonder what Ava thinks?  
Is she my little Buddha belly?

0 comments: