CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

COME FULL CIRCLE

This is a digital scrapbook of our journey to complete our family in Vietnam.

Vietnam Flag

Ava's Ticker

Site Counter

8/17/2009

Happy 2nd Reunion!

We had our second annual reunion with the three families who traveled to Vietnam in 2007 together. We had our reunion in Washington D.C., Aug 7 - 10. I can't believe it's already been a week since we returned from Washington.

We really had a wonderful time and we miss the families a lot. I have a feeling we will miss the families even more as we get to know each other better. The older siblings already have nicknames for some of the little ones.

It was really hot in D.C. that weekend but we managed to still have fun. We ended up throwing a party in one of the hotel suites. We ordered food in and all the kids got to play (hard) and really get to know each other. Even though they won't remember this reunion, it will be more fun as they get older and start to remember each other. Heck, they were asking for each other by name a few days after we returned to our respective homes. I was editing the pictures on my laptop and Ava pointed at the screen and said their names. Maybe I should have a large print of the babies (who are not so little any more) made and hang on the wall so Ava can say their names every day ;-)

Here are pictures from 2007, 2008 and 2009 (in order). Our babies are growing up right before our eyes!!

1 comments:

GHS said...

Hey! Looks like an amazing reunion. I'm sorry we couldn't get together while you were here but my work schedule has been nutty (on my last overnight shift tonight, hurrah!) and I figured that you would not have that much time free apart from the reunion. I would love to catch up sometime soon in person, though--you are not that far away! We are flying to TX on Tues. to visit my folks in NM and then drive to Vegas and back to NM, before I start my next job here in DC for 2 years mid-Sept. I am definitely going to try to make it to the ACS reunion next summer in Boston, but again, hope that maybe we can work ina visit before then! Hugs, Gabbi