CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

COME FULL CIRCLE

This is a digital scrapbook of our journey to complete our family in Vietnam.

Vietnam Flag

Ava's Ticker

Site Counter

8/20/2009

Health Check

Our first baby had to go to the vet the other day because he had an accident on the basement floor and I wanted to get his stool speciman analyzed. Unfortunately, since Marley hasn't been to the vet in eight years, I had to take him in. He wasn't sick, he didn't throw up and he didn't have a fever. As it turns out, he got a rabies shot and a clean bill of health. The "accident" may have been to a food allergy and was put on some antibiotics for five days.

When I checked Marley in at the front desk, I had to fill out some paperwork. The lady at the front desk asked me if Marley was 21 yrs old. I said I put down the wrong year for his birthdate. I wrote 1988 instead of 1998. The lady said she could have sworn I told her he was 11 yrs old when I called to make an apptmt. But they have had 21 yr old cats brought in before. I told her I hoped Marley would live to a healthy old age because I couldn't bear to think of the year we would lose him. He is our baby (before kids) after all! He has been with us ever since Michael and I have been together. We adopted him the first year we were together. It will definitely change the family dynamic after he's gone (another chapter in our lives).


What's this lady doing to me!!

Well at least we know how much he weighs!

Poor Marley. He wasn't "worse for wear" except his one whisker was pointing up. It cracked me up.


Marley expressing his "complaint to the management"

Mommy giving Marley a hug after all the poking and prodding. Yep, just like one of my kids. He's such a gentle (docile) creature. He's such a big "lug". He didn't even flinch when the vet took his temperature and gave hime the rabies shot. Most cats would have to be peeeled from the ceiling. Marley didn't even know what hit him.

0 comments: