CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

COME FULL CIRCLE

This is a digital scrapbook of our journey to complete our family in Vietnam.

Vietnam Flag

Ava's Ticker

Site Counter

12/25/2008

The night before Christmas

Here is video of Sebastian preparing on Christmas Eve:

















I can't believe it's been over a week since my last post. I guess the holidays are to blame. All the last minute preparations, shopping, wrapping, cleaning and organizing. Even though we've been home for a week, the kids were only in school for two of those days so it's not like it's been total rest and relaxation.

This year Ava didn't have any idea that Christmas was coming. Sebastian on the other hand has never been more excited about Christmas than all the previous years. It has been hard to keep him on the ground for the past couple of days. He kept telling us he couldn't wait for Christmas day and every day he would tell us how excited he was.

It's funny...I know we don't have many years left before he loses that "innocence". He still wants to believe in Santa but he's constantly around older kids that tell him that Santa doesn't exist. Last week Sebastian and his Daddy were waiting for the school bus in the car. Since it was so cold outside, they invited our neighbor's kid, Michael, to wait in the car with them. Michael is two years older. Sebastian's Dad asked Michael if he was all ready for Christmas and Michael replied "Yeah. I know what I'm getting for Christmas because I saw all the presents in my Mom's closet." Sebastian didn't say anything but his Daddy didn't really give him a chance to dwell on it too long because he changed the topic rather quickly. We know it's not going to be long before Sebastian "get's it". In fact, he already may have figured it out but hasn't "let on." Or I may be in total denial because when I saw the excitement in Sebastian this past couple of days, I just want to hold on to his precious childhood just a little bit longer. I'm just happy that Sebastian and Ava will have a few years together (to share their Christmas memories together).

0 comments: