CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

COME FULL CIRCLE

This is a digital scrapbook of our journey to complete our family in Vietnam.

Vietnam Flag

Ava's Ticker

Site Counter

12/11/2008

Out with old and in with the new

Santa brought me my Christmas present early this year. Not really. We went out the day after Thanksgiving to shop for a new stove. This was the first time in years that I went out on Black Friday (at 4:30 a.m.). I swore off going out on Black Friday ever since I got up one year to stand in line for a digital camera and then found out an hour later that the store was sold out of the cameras before the store even opened. But this year, it was worth standing in line because the money we saved on the sale, we were able to buy a three year warranty for free (for the stove/oven).

We were going to wait after tax season to buy the stove but we couldn't pass up the sales. Besides, I finally earned a brand new stove because every house we've moved in, we took the old appliances. The stove we had was about 12 yrs old and only three burners were working. The oven door was practically hanging off it's hinges and did not cook/bake evenly. The three burners is really my fault, I accidently burned out one of the heating coils by submerging into water and not letting it dry all the way. I short circuited the heating coil and thus the fourth burner hasn't been working for about a year. The new stove/oven is high tech. Dual ovens and convection oven, five burners, computerized panel, flat top stove....the list goes on. How sad am I....my heart was pounding with excitement when the new stove rolled through my door. Once I learn the features, I may become one of those chefs you see on Foodnetwork!

Since the new appliance wasn't delivered until 6:00 p.m. and hooked up by 6:30 p.m., it was too late to start any dinner. I couldn't prepare something beforehand so we all got our coats on and went to Applebee's for dinner. Go figure!



























Okay, so the secret is out....this is how we get our dinner every night. The elf behind the oven extends his arms towards the front of the oven and when I pull the door down, I just reach inside for the casserole dish.


























Sebastian getting a little Electrician 101 (aka. being nosey and curious)


























Lights, camera....action!

0 comments: