CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

COME FULL CIRCLE

This is a digital scrapbook of our journey to complete our family in Vietnam.

Vietnam Flag

Ava's Ticker

Site Counter

9/03/2009

First day of school

Sept 1st was Sebastian's first day of school. He has officially entered third grade. Last year I got a lot of cute photos and videos of the first day of second grade. This year was different, a LOT different. Sebastian is getting to the age where he can only show affection for only short spurts. He was so excited about his new school bus, new school building, new teachers, etc., that he didn't have time to give me a kiss and a hug. I was devastated of course but there was nothing I could do. It happened so fast. Before I knew it, he crossed the street, walked down the sidewalk with one of the neighborhood kids and I had to take pictures from 50 feet away so I wouldn't cause any embarrassments. Even Ava had to run up and down the sidewalk between her parents and her brother. I think she would have gotten on the school bus if her brother and parents let her. It's a good thing I was standing 50 feet away so no one could see the tear in my eye.





I took a picture of the bus driver because I actually know her.  If you can't tell by the picture, she's waving and giving me a recognition laugh.  Her and I worked together about eight years ago at another company.  She left the corporate world to work in real estate.  Well, since the real estate business has dropped, she had to seek a second job.  She sent me a text a few days before school to let me know that Sebastian was on her morning bus.  It's a small world!

0 comments: