CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

COME FULL CIRCLE

This is a digital scrapbook of our journey to complete our family in Vietnam.

Vietnam Flag

Ava's Ticker

Site Counter

9/21/2009

Mommy, The Lurker

Most afternoons when I go to pick up Ava from daycare, the kids are outside playing on the playground. Before I open the doors, I watch her play through the window. I like seeing how she interacts with the other children and what makes her laugh or smile. Well the past two days I noticed that she has been shadowing these two blonde boys, Dillan and Liam. I'm not sure if it's just "coincidence" but it seems as though Dillan is the "apple of her eye". I observed for about 15 minutes (okay, I was lurking). I mean she is not more than three feet away from him on the playground. The teachers were laughing at me through the window! Don't tell me I'm the first Mommy to ever do this.

Anyway, while I was watching them play, it reminded me so much of when I was a little girl. I had a crush on this blonde boy. His name was Paul and he was the son of my parent's friends. His nickname was Paul-y. Don't ask me where they came up with that name because I don't really know. But we had our first kiss at the tender age of five. Well Dillan resembles a LOT like Paul-y. So don't get any ideas Ava. Your'e not even three yet!!





Maybe I should borrow Sebastian's Halloween mask the next time I want to spy on my daughter on the playground. Then again, maybe not. I don't want to be arrested!


1 comments:

Susan said...

Monique, you definitely win the "cool mom" award!