CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

COME FULL CIRCLE

This is a digital scrapbook of our journey to complete our family in Vietnam.

Vietnam Flag

Ava's Ticker

Site Counter

1/03/2009

Family Day

Michael and I had planned a "date" on Monday after Christmas but the daycare foiled our plans. We were suppose to go to lunch and then go see a movie together. We dropped the kids at the daycare and then we got a call two hours later because Ava had a rash all over her body. I told the daycare teacher that Ava had very dry skin the past few days and the doctor said to treat her dry skin with some Eucerin cream (little white lie, no doctor visit).

The daycare said we needed a doctor's note.  Other wise she would need to go home. Well I wasn't going to take Ava to see the doctor, pay the health insurance copay, just to have the doctor tell me she had dry skin. I felt like a horrible parent because I had been applying this other baby lotion when I should have been applying the Eucerin cream. I already knew that the Eucerin crem would be the only thing that helps her dry skin but I wanted to finish off the other lotion first.  That's why her skin got so dry and red.  It actually burned her skin when I applied the Eucerin cream. Other than the skin condition, she was NOT sick or contagious. We told the daycare that the doctor was on vacation and could not get a written note. To add insult to injury, Ava could not go back to the daycare the next day without a doctor's note!

Long story short, our lunch date got cut short on Monday but we were able to see our movie thanks to my Mom. Since Ava had to stay home on Tuesday, we decided to keep both kids home and took them to The Franklin Institute.



















Daddy carrying Ava and the stroller up the museum steps.


















Ava standing next to Orville Wright and Amelia Earhart.


















Ava holding up the glass globe.


















Sebastian and Ava sitting inside the human heart.


0 comments: