CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

COME FULL CIRCLE

This is a digital scrapbook of our journey to complete our family in Vietnam.

Vietnam Flag

Ava's Ticker

Site Counter

1/10/2009

Lost treasures

I received one of the best presents ever this past Christmas.  I finally got an external CD drive for my mac book.  I know, for those who are not into technology, it was the one that I needed since we returned from Vietnam in August, 2007.  I had two great pieces of technology before we went to Vietnam, a digital camcorder and a mac book.  Unfortunately, I couldn't transfer the video files from the camcorder to my macbook.  So I was unable to post any digital videos on my blog or on Youtube.   FINALLY....with the external CD drive, I am able to convert and save the Vietnam videos into files that can be loaded on my blog.

It took me a while but I figured out how to combine Ava's baby video and slideshow photos of Sebastian when he was a baby into one file.  I haven't even touched Sebastian's home movies since the previous camcorder was a much older model.  The camcorder I used for Sebastian used the mini tapes.  I'm sure they have special cables that connect the older camcorder models to your computer but I can only tackle one technology piece at a time.  I've seen other people' videos and slide shows on their blogs and wondered how they did it.  Well this weekend, I cracked the iMovie code and produced my first video/slideshow.  I'm rather proud of myself even though it took two hours to figure it all out.

When you see this movie, you will see I attached an audio file (song) to go along with the theme I had for this montage.  It's a song called "For the first time", by Kenny Loggins.  It's a love song about how someone feels the first time they fall in love and come to that realization.  I had heard this song right before we went to get Ava in Vietnam and I remember I wanted to use this song when I did my first video of Ava because it was appropriate.  It only took me a year and a half to do this and Ava just turned two years old today.  That's right, today was Ava's birthday!  My babies are growing up too fast!

After I finished editing the video clip and picture files, I must have watched the final movie version at least five times.  Each time I watched it, it made me fill up with tears because I can't believe my babies are growing up before our very eyers.   Plus the song really touches me and helps me say the words that I have a hard time expressing sometimes.  You will know what I mean after you've watched the video.

0 comments: