CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

COME FULL CIRCLE

This is a digital scrapbook of our journey to complete our family in Vietnam.

Vietnam Flag

Ava's Ticker

Site Counter

1/02/2009

2008 Christmas Greeting Card

I posted Ava's first Santa experience on December 15th and I forgot to post the end results. We had the Santa photo saved on a CD so we could print the photo on holiday greeting cards.

Our Santa experience reminded me of the scene in the holiday movie "A Christmas Story". If you don't already know the Santa scene in the movie, well you will have to just go rent it. We waited over an hour for Santa. While we were in line waiting, Sebastian was worried he would forget to tell Santa what he wanted or he would forget WHAT he wanted for Christmas. He kept asking me to remind him what he wanted. So I had the picture of Ralphie from A Christmas Story in my head. Ralphie and his brother Randy are waiting to see Santa in a department store. Ralphie wants to tell Santa he wants a BB gun for Christmas. By the time they see Santa, the department store is almost closing so they try to hurry up the kids. Ralphie blanks out while he is sitting on Santa's lap so Santa asks him if he wants a football for Christmas. He just nods his head to agree because his mind is completely blank. I could just imagine that happening to Sebastian.

When Sebastian and Ava sat on Santa's lap, it was such a chaotic scene. Ava started screaming and Sebastian wanted to make sure he was heard. You could hear Ava howling all the way down the hallway in the mall. Michael and I are standing behind the photographer trying to get the kids to look at the camera lens. All I heard was Santa calmly asking Sebastian what he wanted for Christmas and Sebastian, of course, screams as loud as he could, "I want Spy Gear for Christmas!" He had to scream over his baby sister. I honestly think Santa went deaf after our kids left.

So without further ado, here is our 2008 greeting card.

1 comments:

Cindy said...

This is hilarious! Love it!