CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

COME FULL CIRCLE

This is a digital scrapbook of our journey to complete our family in Vietnam.

Vietnam Flag

Ava's Ticker

Site Counter

4/05/2008

I spy....Ava!

My son's old daycare had this half window where you could peer into the room to see the toddler's activities (and spy on your kids). I always wondered about those video cameras that some daycare have where you could check on your child through the internet and computer. Some people say it's an invasion of privacy. But boy do I wish I could be a fly on the wall at my children's daycare. I sometimes sit at work and wonder what Ava is doing right now. So I've taken my digital recorder into the daycare and hide behind the wall so Ava doesn't see me and try to record her for a few minutes. Unfortunately, my recordings usually lasted only 30 seconds before Ava saw me and then I would have to put down the camera. Last week, I was able to shoot a two minute video clip of Ava in her daily environment. Note the little boy in the red shirt about 32 seconds into the video....he's trying to tell Ava that her Mommy is standing at the door. That is another reason why you can't get away with spying on them for very long. The toddlers usually swarm around the doorway, behind the baby gate, staring at the parent who is picking up their child. They look like a herd of little lambs ;-)

0 comments: