CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

COME FULL CIRCLE

This is a digital scrapbook of our journey to complete our family in Vietnam.

Vietnam Flag

Ava's Ticker

Site Counter

10/26/2009

Halloween party preparations

Michael and I spent Friday night putting up Halloween decorations and most of Saturday preparing for Sebastian's first Halloween party on Saturday night. He invited ten kids from his class. Six RSPD'd and two just showed up. When the parents would call to RSVP, they asked us if it was a birthday party and we told them no, it was just a party. The parents responded by saying we were very brave. :-)

Believe it or not, the hardest part of the preparations was making the cupcakes. I am not a very good baker. I can cook boxed cakes, brownies, cookies and cupcakes but don't ask me to make anything from scratch. I love to flip through cookboook and magazine pages but when I look at the baking creations from books/magazines or people's blog sites, I get soo intimidated. The only creativity I have is only in my head.
The only reason the first plate of cupcakes look "festive" and yummy is because I had the sprinkle toppings and the Halloween creature decals to place on top of the cupcakes. ;-)
My sad attempt to make "pumpkin" cupcakes. I even had the pumpkin cupcake pan molds. They came out of the cupcake pan okay but when I applied the icing and drew pumpkin faces, that's when my designs went a little haywire. You could barely tell they were pumpkins after the icing was applied. They looked more like ghost blobs. They tasted good anyway ;-)

0 comments: