CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

COME FULL CIRCLE

This is a digital scrapbook of our journey to complete our family in Vietnam.

Vietnam Flag

Ava's Ticker

Site Counter

2/01/2010

Bird watchers

Every afternoon, when I go to pick up Ava at the daycare, the sun is halfway down and we watch the geese fly back to the pond before evening falls.  Ava will not get in the car until she sees all the geese land in the water.  This has been our routine for the past two months.  I have to admit, I've been in awe with the geese lately.  I am intrigued how they know to flap their wings at the right pace and coast with the airflow to smoothly glide onto the pond so gracefully.  If it was me up there, I'd be the one belly flopping into the water. 
This picture reminds me of when Sebastian and Ava were a few months old.  I remember when they both looked up at the sky and saw either white clouds, tree branches, airplane or birds.  I would look at their eyes and wondered what was going on in their little minds.  I knew they were amazed at what they were seeing, even if they couldn't translate it.  For Sebastian, it would calm him down and he would stop crying and fussing.  We would walk up and down the sidewalk with him laying face up to the sky several times.  For Ava, the sound of traffic and people would calm her down.  I just remember the look on their faces.  Okay, just reminiscing here.....
Same goes for every morning when I drop Ava off at the daycare....she has to see the geese take off from the pond.  On this particular morning, it was VERY cold outside and I rushed her routine a little bit because, well, I was Freezing!
This is the repercussion I get for rushing Ava with her morning routine.  She was not happy with me and she would not let me leave her classroom. 
Here is Ava hanging on the door knob to make sure I don't go near the door.
I can't remember what I bribed her with to get her to crack the door open but I managed to squeeze through.
Getting reassurance that I'll be back for her in the afternoon.
Finally, she runs back to join the classroom.

0 comments: