CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

COME FULL CIRCLE

This is a digital scrapbook of our journey to complete our family in Vietnam.

Vietnam Flag

Ava's Ticker

Site Counter

2/01/2010

On the mend

Well I almost survived last week's commute to work unscathed.  On Thursday we had the two hour commute from heck.  On Friday, I stopped at the red light and was making a right hand turn.  It was at a very busy intersection and the traffic goes flying across the four way intersection.  The driver behind me thought I was turning and WHAMMO....rear ended me.  No whiplash and no kids in the car (thankfully). 

The entire rear door needs to be replaced because the bracket that holds the spare tire hit the back door and is dented in.  I jokingly said to my husband that it will be a miracle if the Honda survives another two years.  We are trying to hold off on another car payment until Ava is out of daycare and starts kindergarten.  The car has had a few makeovers in the seven years on the road.  The side mirror has been knocked off with the garage door, the back fender and rear light has been replaced due to backing into a street pole and now the door.  At least I can't take credit for the door!!

You thought my car looked bad....you should see the guy who ran into me!  It was his company car.  Thankfully both cars were insured and my car will be on the mend for the next 3-4 days. 

0 comments: