CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

COME FULL CIRCLE

This is a digital scrapbook of our journey to complete our family in Vietnam.

Vietnam Flag

Ava's Ticker

Site Counter

2/23/2010

Lunch for one

I took a day off one day last week for "just me" time.  Well, it really wasn't just for me because we had two medical appointments and I had to stop at BJ's wholesale to get some stuff for our upcoming weekend guests. 

After I dropped Ava off at the daycare, I stopped at a Thai restaurant for lunch.  I ordered the traditional Thai noodle soup and it came with an appetizer and dessert as part of the lunch special.  I'd forgotten how good the Thai soup is.  It reminds me a lot of the Vietnamese Pho soup. 

Notice the magazine next to the soup bowl?  I don't get to do this very often.  Have a meal and get to read a gossip magazine in peace.  Ahhhh, life's simple pleasures.

 They served mango and sticky rice.  I HAD to order that since it isn't on most Thai restaurant menu's.  As I was telling Michael, every bite brought me back to my childhood.  It really is a "comfort" food to me.  Michael asked if I was skipping and hopping out of the restaurant like a little girl afterwards.   :-D

0 comments: