CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

COME FULL CIRCLE

This is a digital scrapbook of our journey to complete our family in Vietnam.

Vietnam Flag

Ava's Ticker

Site Counter

7/08/2009

Post Father's Day

We returned from our anniversary weekend on a Sunday, which happen to be Father's Day. After we picked up the kids from both grandparents, we went home to unpack and present our Father's Day gifts to the man of the house. I didn't cook the Father's Day dinner until Monday night because I had to recuperate from the weekend.


Sebastian and Grandmom picked a pair of cargo pants and a bottle of shower gel as Father's Day gifts. As you can see, Michael was quite pleased.



Both Michael and my Dad requested a dish I don't make very often, grilled Mahi on risotto and curry emulsion sauce, topped with asparagus. That's another reason why I couldn't make the dish on Sunday because the emulsion needs to be prepared 24-36 hours in advance. The key ingredient for the emulsion is creme fraische and I can't find it in stores so I make it from scratch. The rest of the dish is easy to prepare but labor intensive. But the results are fantastico! I missed my calling as a chef

0 comments: