CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

COME FULL CIRCLE

This is a digital scrapbook of our journey to complete our family in Vietnam.

Vietnam Flag

Ava's Ticker

Site Counter

7/08/2009

Summer Camp and new daycare

The kids started a new daycare program two weeks ago. Sebastian returned to his old daycare for the summer camp program and Ava is attending the same daycare full time. Poor Sebastian, I think this will be the last year we put him in a daycare environment. I think he's getting too old and bored with the activities. As for Ava, well she's benefiting from the program because it is a much better program than the previous daycare. We pulled Ava right at the same age we pulled Sebastian out (both were two and a half). We noticed a significant change in their demeanors and behaviors almost immediately.

It was just convenient for both Michael and I to have both kids at the same location since his job location changed and we weren't sure if we were going to stay in the same neighborhood after the summer. So we decided to make the daycare switch in case we had to move as well. The transitions went effortlessly and seemingly. They didn't miss a beat.


We were so unprepared on their first day at the daycare. I remembered in the morning that we had to pack lunches. The old daycare use to provide all the snacks and meals. We hadn't done the grocery shopping that Sunday because we were away all weekend. I grabbed the bread out of the pantry and it had mold all over it. So Michael dropped the kids off while I made an emergency run to Giant.
I got a call while I was shopping in Giant from Michael. We needed to provide breakfast also! I had to make another stop at McDonald's. I swear, when did it get so hard to remember everything? I'm lucky if I can match my shoes in the morning! I use to be well prepared and so organized...




We forgot to shop for a new lunchbox and sleeping bag for Ava. I had to "lend" Ava my pink lunchbag, which Ava LOVES to tote around. The bag is almost as big as she is.
Splash Day!
Ava's routine every morning, putting her lunch in the refrigerator.
Is this how Little Miss Moffit felt?
Ava's piggy tails are like wings when she runs.
This shot was actually taken this morning. Sebastian woke up in a "loving" mood and was loving all over his sister. When we got to the daycare, he asked me if he could eat breakfast with Ava in her room. I love that little/big man ;-)

0 comments: