CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

COME FULL CIRCLE

This is a digital scrapbook of our journey to complete our family in Vietnam.

Vietnam Flag

Ava's Ticker

Site Counter

11/02/2009

Halloween Eve

Ava's Halloween parade on Friday brought back memories of Sebastian's parades at the daycare. Sadly, Sebastian has outgrown parades but I still have the pictures! All the parents were lined up outside the parking lot waiting for the front doors to open up and the kids come pouring out in their favorite characters.

At first I thought the girl in the cheese block costume was Sponge Bob ;-)
Yes, I take photos of other kids too.... I loved the baby in the flower infant carrier! I wish I would have thought up this ingenious idea.
Nothing has changed...there's always a Superhero Legion in the parade. This time there were three Batman's, one Superman, one Wonderwoman (I think) and one Batman. Sebastian's favorite superhero was Batman when he was three years old. He then moved on to Ninja's and Star War's characters ;-)

I'm glad I had my camera ready because Ava came out first from her classroom.
After Ava saw all the people and heard all the chaos, she got scared and ran to Daddy. She didn't want to have anything to do with the parade. She had her fingers in her mouth. Yes, the parent's are to blame for upsetting our children. The younger kids don't care about the parade. It's the parents who put them through this torture!
Daddy wiping away the tears.

Getting a LOT of Daddy lovin.
When the parade broke up, Ava "braved it up" and went back to her teacher.
Ava still wasn't sure if it was safe to walk "un-aided".
The classroom pose on the front steps.
I got two smiles from Ava only because I promised her a lollipop if she gave me a smile. It worked and she got the reward. Hey, bribery goes a long way! ;-)
Finally, Ms. Ty and Ava!

1 comments:

Susan said...

Daddy's little girl! What a sweet story and great close-up shot of Ava (so photogenic).

P.S. Now you can understand my shock that Aaron was the only Spiderman at his school. Expected at least a dozen of them.