CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

COME FULL CIRCLE

This is a digital scrapbook of our journey to complete our family in Vietnam.

Vietnam Flag

Ava's Ticker

Site Counter

11/20/2009

I need a new noggin!

I think my brain took a permanent vacation last weekend.  I had transferred all the pictures from the digital camera to my laptop and then from laptop to the back up hard drive.  I almost always put the USB memory card reader for the digital camera back in my purse so I know where to find it the next time I need it!  Did you think I did that last Saturday?   Noooooo...I "stuck" it some place else during one of my frantic house cleaning/sweeping moods. 

The problem is, once something is "out of sight" with me it's usually "out of mind".  Well, if you are a heavy photo taker like I am, I need to transfer pictures a couple times a week.  So when I went to retrieve the USB card reader, it wasn't in the small compartment in my purse!  I turned the house upside down for four days because I couldn't remember where I stored it last.

I remember seeing the USB card reader in the house and even said to myself, "self, you better put that back where it belongs before a certain two yr old gets a hold of it or you forget where you saw it last!"  Of course two seconds later I got distracted with someone....or something.  I thought I stashed the card reader in a safe place, a place that would make sense when I would search for it next.  Unfortunately, the safe spot turned out to be the last place I would look in!

Here it is Friday, end of the week and I decided I couldn't live one more day of going home and reopening and slamming the same kitchen drawers, nightstands, coffee tables and laptop carrier.  So at lunchtime I was on my way to Radioshack to buy a memory card reader replacement.  I don't know why I looked in the cup holders in between the front seats because the cup holder is used for anything but a cup HOLDER.  Instead, the holders hold old ratty bunched up tissues, coins and leftover lifesaver wrappers.  But there it was....the memory card reader was amongst the cup holder litter.  All I can say is the card reader is black and it blended in!!   Please tell me I'm not the only one on this planet who has dislodged their brain. 

On the lighter side...here are a few snapshots of Ava last Saturday evening.  She was getting out of the car and ready to spend the night with Mom Mom and Pop Pop.  Michael's Mom kept Sebastian and we got a lovely "date night" to ourselves.  I didn't get any pictures of Sebastian because he was the second one dropped off and I think we peeled out of the parking space by then ;-)



1 comments:

Susan said...

No, you're not losing your mind. When that happens, I think it means we've got too much going on as Moms and so we deserve some R&R!