CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

COME FULL CIRCLE

This is a digital scrapbook of our journey to complete our family in Vietnam.

Vietnam Flag

Ava's Ticker

Site Counter

7/09/2007

Meet our Baby Cakes (Ava Colette)

Here we are in a group shot with the Director, Asst Director, In country Director, Karen and Jeff Stelmach and the Hicks family. They brought Ava in the waiting room first and as soon as I saw her eyes, I knew it was her. Believe it or not, she gave us a smile until she realized that she wasn't going back into the caretaker's arms. The below shot is apparent.

Scott and Dallas were with us at Tam Binh. Their son was in another orphanage and they were heading there after Tam Binh. We were told we had to go back to the hoteI and I felt so bad that we couldn't go with them for support. They held our video cameras at Tam Binh. Marybeth and Mark's son was also from another orphanage and weren't going for another hour.










She cried all the way back to the hotel. It didn't even phase Allison, the Stelmach's daughter. She just dozed off during the taxi ride back to the hotel. The babies are used to all the noise, even Ava ;-) She wouldn't let go of Michael's finger. He eventually wiggled his finger free. Although you can't see it in the pictures, she does have two bottom teeth already and she knows how to push up on her arms (especially when shrieking). That's a good sign!













It's been a very tearful morning for all of us. This has been the moment wev'e been waiting for the past six months and our dreams have finally come true. The butterflies in my stomach were nothing I have ever experienced...well at least not until six years ago ;-) Without further ado, here is Baby Cakes!!



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my God!!! I can't stop smiling. My heart jumped when I saw your email first thing this AM. I'm doing a happy dance at my desk. SHE'S BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

Welcome Ava.