CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

COME FULL CIRCLE

This is a digital scrapbook of our journey to complete our family in Vietnam.

Vietnam Flag

Ava's Ticker

Site Counter

7/04/2007

My Vietnam Album From the past



As I look at these pictures, I am reminded of where I came from. The next two and a half weeks in Vietnam are going to be filled with emotions. The streets, the sights, the sounds, the smells...all are going to bring me back to my childhood. I haven't been back to the Far East since I was 10 years old. Since we lived in Thailand and Philippines after Vietnam, the countries were my "home". It will be so strange and different to see that part of the country again with my very own eyes. It will be my own experiences. I'm sure I will have different feelings towards my home country now as an adult. When you are a child, you see things so very differently. I will have some biased and unbiased feelings and just going through the whole experience will change some of the preconceived notions I had before. We are t-minus one day and nines hours before departure. Sorry I'm rambling...but it's late and we just got done packing our suitcases so we don't have to do it the night before travel.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Monique, your 2 most recent posts are beautiful! You may not read this until you find a wireless connection or reach HCM City, but you expressed all this so eloquently, I am all teary eyed now!
I will be watching the clock until I know you are "wheels down" in Vietnam. Safe trip, Happy early birthday hugs to you, and hugs to Michael and of course Ava ! : )

Anonymous said...

Monique, these pictures came out great! It's wonderful that you were able to include them in your story, they're your past, a vital part of you.
It's 10 AM here on Friday so I know you and Michael are in the air on your way to pick up your beautiful daughter, Ava. I'll be checking your blog daily, looking for your first update. Have a safe trip. Can't wait till you bring your daughter home.

Love,
Sue