CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

COME FULL CIRCLE

This is a digital scrapbook of our journey to complete our family in Vietnam.

Vietnam Flag

Ava's Ticker

Site Counter

7/04/2007

Vietnam Photo Album from the past (Part 2)








Might as well get used to taking pictures of just about anything, even food. This was an example of what came out of the kitchen every night. At least the dishes were always presented nicely and very appetizing!


Do you remember I mentioned in my previous post that I had 45 "uncles" while living on the military base? Well, this is an example of a "surrogate" family back then.


I definitely wasn't camera shy.






Swimming became a daily activity on the military base. I'm convinced the swimming helped my injured hip heal a lot faster and my hip got stronger every day. Although you can't see my injuries in the pictures, I have the scars to prove it. The only reason I was brought to Can Tho orphanage was because I had been hit by shrapnel and required immediate medical attention. The orphanage saved my life. Because the orphanage was near a military base, it had access to medical doctors. The schrapnel had torn into my hip so badly that it started getting infected and detoriating the hip socket. The doctors had to remove over an inch of bone to remove the infection. The doctors didn't think my leg would grow and that I would have a two inch lift in my shoes. Again, I think the swimming progressed the leg growth and I only have one inch and quarter difference today. I feel like sometimes that I have been given a second chance in life. That's why I feel so strongly about adopting my baby girl. She will have a better life just like I did.

0 comments: