CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

COME FULL CIRCLE

This is a digital scrapbook of our journey to complete our family in Vietnam.

Vietnam Flag

Ava's Ticker

Site Counter

7/07/2007

Vietnam on a Saturday night

I don't have any photos for this post because we came in so late on Saturday night that I just didn't even bother. After clearing Immigration, Baggage Claim and Customs, it was a welcoming site to see Paul and our guide waiting right outside the airport door. There were a LOT of people waiting outside for their friends and relatives to come out the main door. Boy did that bring back childhood memories. Everyone was standing behind metal dividers and they were staring intently so they wouldn't miss their loved ones coming through the door.

The first time I had to say "sorry, I don't speak any Vietnamese" was on the plane from Tokyo to HCMC. There was a guy across the aisle from us who tried to strike up a conversation with me in Vietnamese. Michael was asleep or had his headphones on so he missed it. When we arrived at the airport, I had to say "sorry" at least five times. It's going to be like that everday for me I'm afraid. Our guide said that I should make an effort to learn the language....no kidding. I said I would try really hard.

I woke up this morning to the sound of traffic. We are on the 11th floor and I still could hear it. I couldn't go back to sleep after that. The internet hookup in our room is pretty amazing. Michael is watching the Wimbledon while I'm typing the three posts. We took another Lunestra last night and boy did it work! I took it before unpacking some stuff and in ten minutes, I was weaving around in the room like I was drunk. I literally felt like I could just flop over. The trip had definitely taken it's toll.

One last thing and then I really need to get off this thing! The elevator in the hotel is operated by your electronic key room. So Michael and I are just standing there for a good 30 seconds wondering why the elevator wouldn't move after we depressed the floor button. We had to swipe our hotel key in order for the elevator to move. Too much technology!

0 comments: